Whenever you buy a mobile phone, one question may come to your mind. The mobile you purchased is originated from which country. If you answer is YES , then you are landed on right place. So we have provided you a list of Mobile Phone brands by Country of origin. Even though the majority of mobile phones are manufactured in countries like China and Taiwan, most are not designed there.
1.Micromax – India
Micromax Informatics is an Indian multinational manufacturer of consumer electronics and home appliances, headquartered in Gurgaon. It was established in March 2000 as an IT software company operating in the embedded devices domain.
- Founded: 29 March 2000, Delhi
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Founders: Rahul Sharma, Vikas Jain, Rajesh Agarwal, Sumeet Arora
2.Apple – America
Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, software and online services.
- Founded: 1 April 1976, Los Altos, California, United States
- Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
- Founders: Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne
3.BlackBerry – Canada
BlackBerry Limited is a Canadian software company specializing in cybersecurity. Originally known as Research In Motion, it developed the BlackBerry brand of interactive pagers, smartphones, and tablets.
- Founded: 7 March 1984, Waterloo, Canada
- Headquarters: Waterloo, Canada
- Founders: Mike Lazaridis, Douglas Fregin
Sony Group Corporation, commonly known as Sony and stylized as SONY, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Kōnan, Minato, Tokyo, Japan.
- Founded: 7 May 1946, Nihonbashi, Tokyo, Japan
- Headquarters: Minato City, Tokyo, Japan
- Founders: Akio Morita, Masaru Ibuka
Motorola, Inc. was an American multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States. After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company split into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011
- Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Founded: 25 September 1928, Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Founders: Paul Galvin, Joseph Galvin
iBall is an Indian electronics manufacturing services company headquartered in Mumbai. It imports computer peripherals, smartphones and tablets from original equipment manufacturers.
- Founder: Sandeep Parasrampuria
- Founded: September 2001
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd, doing business as OPPO, is a Chinese state-owned consumer electronics and mobile communications company headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong. Its major product lines include smartphones, smart devices, audio devices, power banks, and other electronic products.
- Founded: 2004, Dongguan, China
- Headquarters: Dongguan, China
OnePlus Technology Co., Ltd. is a Chinese consumer electronics manufacturer headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, in the Tairan Building at the Chegong Temple subdistrict of Futian District.
- Founded: 16 December 2013, China
- Headquarters location: Shenzhen, China
- Founders: Carl Pei, Pete Lau
Lava International is an Indian multinational electronics company that manufactures smartphones, laptops, computer hardwares and consumer electronics. It was founded in 2009 by Amit Singh, Sunil Bhalla, Shailendra Nath Rai and Vishal Sehgal as an offshoot of a telecommunication venture.
Headquarters location: Noida
Founders: Hari Om Rai, Shailendra Nath Rai, Vishal Sehgal, Sunil Bhalla
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that focuses on artificial intelligence, search engine, online advertising, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
- Founded: 4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
11.LG- South Korea
LG Corporation, formerly Lucky-Goldstar from 1983 to 1995, is a South Korean multinational conglomerate corporation founded by Koo In-hwoi and managed by successive generations of his family. It is the fourth-largest chaebol in South Korea.
- Founder: Koo In-Hwoi
- Founded: 5 January 1947, Busan, South Korea
- Headquarters: Seoul, South Korea
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, doing business as Jio, is an Indian telecommunications company and a subsidiary of Jio Platforms, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
- Headquarters: Reliance Corporate Park, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Founder: Mukesh Ambani
- Founded: 2007, Ahmedabad
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a South Korean multinational electronics corporation headquartered in the Yeongtong District of Suwon. It is the pinnacle of the Samsung chaebol, accounting for 70% of the group’s revenue in 2012
- Headquarters: Suwon-si, South Korea
- Founder: Lee Byung-chul
- Founded: 13 January 1969, Suwon-si, South Korea
Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational telecommunications, information technology, and consumer electronics company, founded in 1865. Nokia’s main headquarters are in Espoo, Finland, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area, but the company’s actual roots are in the Tampere region of Pirkanmaa.
- Headquarters: Espoo, Finland
- Founded: 12 May 1865, Nokia, Finland
- Founders: Fredrik Idestam, Eduard Polón, Leo Mechelin
Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd., styled vivo in its logo, is a Chinese technology company headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong that designs and develops smartphones, smartphone accessories, software and online services.
- Founded: 2009, Dongguan, China
- Headquarters: Dongguan, China
- Founders: Duan Yongping, Shen Wei
Realme is a brand of Android based smartphones developed by Realme Chongqing Mobile Telecommunications Corporation, Ltd., a manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China. It was founded by Li Bingzhong on May 4, 2018, who was former vice president of Oppo.
- Founder: Sky Li
- Founded: 4 May 2018
- Headquarters: Shenzhen, China
Xiaomi Corporation, registered in Asia as Xiaomi Inc., is a Chinese designer and manufacturer of consumer electronics and related software, home appliances, and household items. Behind Samsung, it is the second largest manufacturer of smartphones in the world, most of which run the MIUI operating system.
- Founded: 6 April 2010, Yingu Building, Beijing, China
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founders: Lei Jun, Lin Bin, Zhou Guangping, Wong Jiangji, Liu De, Wanqiang Li, Hong Feng, Wang Chuan
Thank you for reading, If you have reached so far, please like the article, It will encourage me to write more such articles. Do share your valuable suggestions, I appreciate your honest feedback!