In this article, you’ll learn how to Reset a User Password in Domain Controller. The Server Active Directory provides us with the easiest administration options and one of the daily jobs is to reset the user password either because a user forgot it (in most cases) or because of being locked out.
The password is necessary for the protection of user accounts and computers, so it is important to keep them safe. You might forget or lose this Active Directory user’s password if you have it saved. Regardless of the case, here you will get the steps to reset the active directory user password in Windows Server 2022.
Reset User Password in Active Directory
1. Open the Run App, Enter dsa.msc in the box, and click OK.
2. In the Server Manager, go to the Tools menu and then click on Active Directory Users and Computers.
3. In the Active Directory, select the user’s option, right-click on the user you want to reset the password, and then choose the option Reset password.
4. The following window will appear where you can type the new password. Select the checkbox, Unblock the user’s account in case a user has been blocked by a number of failed login attempts, and then click ok.
5.The password for a user has been changed, click ok.
6. If you want to edit the user account options then double click on the user and select the Account tab it is possible to edit the password options.
This is how we can reset a user Password in Domain Controller, but you can reset a user Password in Domain Controller using the command line, that is for another day.
Thank you for reading, If you have reached it so far, please like the article, It will encourage me to write more such articles. Do share your valuable suggestions, I appreciate your honest feedback!